The search key was not found in any record in Access

Well, I got this error message today while I was trying to import a text file:

“The search key was not found in any record”

After some research, I found that either it was a bug caused by Microsoft Jet 4.0 Service Pack or it was the size of the database (should be not greater than 2GB). It turned out to be the later one. I fixed this problem by compacting and resizing the database. In Access 2007, you click on the Office Button (Top Left Corner), then Manage > Compact and Repair Database.

About the Author

The author of Tableau Data Visualization Cookbook and an award winning keynote speaker, Ashutosh R. Nandeshwar is one of the few analytics professionals in the higher education industry who has developed analytical solutions for all stages of the student life cycle (from recruitment to giving). He enjoys speaking about the power of data, as well as ranting about data professionals who chase after “interesting” things. He earned his PhD/MS from West Virginia University and his BEng from Nagpur University, all in industrial engineering. Currently, he is leading the data science, reporting, and prospect development efforts at the University of Southern California.

Leave a Reply 33 comments